Sunday, July 13, 2008

Life Journal 07-13-2008 I'm Perfect?

I'm Perfect?

(S) Scripture
Hebrews 10:14 (NIV) 14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

(O) Observation
The old sacrifices made yearly were not permanent. They only reminded the people of their sin. Jesus came and in one sacrifice made that forgiveness permanent and made us perfect before God forever.

(A) Application
WOW what a thought, "I'm perfect." I must admit that I put a question mark behind that statement. This is not like the song, "O Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way..." I know that I have not stopped sinning, I don't get 100's on all my tests, and I still have tough times. What does it mean to be perfect? It means to stand before God clothed in Christ. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus I am forgiven and made perfect. It has nothing to do with my performance but everything to do with my Savior. Today I will seek to live for Him. I cannot imagine doing anything else. How could I receive this forgiveness and then live contrary to the One who died for me.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I know that I am not perfect in myself. I know that left to myself I am sinful and rebellious. Today I want to live for you and experience again your forgiveness and power to live life to its fullest. Amen

No comments: