Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life Journal 01-17-2010

My Quiet Time

(S) Scripture
Psalm 5:3 (NIV)
3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

(O) Observation
The psalmist is describing his personal time with the Lord. IT comes early in the morning and then the day is filled with expectation of what God will do.

(A) Application
This psalm reminds me again of the benefit of a morning tome with the Lord. It is a great way to start the day and a great way to live. When my life is filled with the expectation of what God will do in and through me, that is a full and exciting life. It begins with a time with God in the morning. This is what the structure of the "Life Journal" has done for my devotional life. Each day I read a portion of Scripture and then answer the question, "How will I be different because of what I have just read?" As I spend time each morning with the Lord I am energized for the day. I live expectantly, looking for God to work. It makes a difference when I begin the day this way rather than waiting until later for my quiet time.

(P) Prayer
Father, I thank you for your word and its work in my life. Let me live expectantly today. Amen

No comments: