Sunday, January 24, 2010

Life Journal 01-24-2010

Looking in Wrong Places

(S) Scripture
Luke 24:5 (NIV)
5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?

(O) Observation
The women went to the tomb expecting to anoint Jesus' body with additional spices. Jesus had on more than one occasion said he would rise from the dead. Apparently the women had forgotten what he had said because they went to the tomb looking for Jesus' body. Think of their surprise when the angels speak. Then they remember and go to tell the disciples that Jesus did what he said he would do. Peter didn't believe them so he went to the tomb and left "wondering what had happened."

(A) Application
How often do I look for Jesus in the tomb? How often do I see him as an historic figure and look for him among the dead? How often do I live as if he were dead rather than alive? How often do I look for him in the wrong places? Jesus certainly is in the pages of history but I look for him in the present. His is not dead but is alive. I must look for him among the living. Today I will live by the truth that He is alive and lives within me. Today I will look in the right place by His Spirit to see the Savior. Today I will live for abd by the power of Jesus.

(P) Prayer
Lord today I want to live by the power of your Spirit and experience you. Keep me from wasting time looking in the wrong places. Amen

No comments: