Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life Journal 01-19-2010

Amazing Words

(S) Scripture
Luke 19:47-48 (NIV)
47 Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him.
48 Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words.

(O) Observation
Jesus' teaching and the cleansing of the temple riled the temple leaders to the point of needing to eliminate Jesus. But Jesus had captured the hearts of the people with His teaching. They were drawn to Him because of His words. They must have been amazing words.

(A) Application
I wonder how passionately I hang onto Jesus' words. When my quiet time is erratic am I really hanging onto His words. When I misquote Jesus or misuse His words am I really hanging on them? In this passage I sense a breathless reverence as people longed to hear Jesus speak. Today I want to develop that kind of "hanging" onto His Words.

(P) Prayer
Lord, let me hear you clearly today and then obey you completely. Let me be caught in absolute awe of you. Amen

No comments: