Friday, January 1, 2010

Life Journal 01-01-2010

I Am Blessed

(S) Scripture
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the will become one flesh. Genesis 2:24 (NIV)

(O) Observation
This is the biblical description of marriage. Even before there were any other parents God had already set forth the description of the family and marriage. We are to leave mothers and fathers and cleave to our spouse.

(A) Application
I am a blessed man. I was born into a loving, Christian home. My parents set the example of faith in Christ from the beginning. I have never known anything else but loving God and following Jesus. That was the norm in my family. My grandparents were all followers of Jesus and active in their churches. The same is true for my wife's family. It was nearly 32 years ago that Becky and I were married. From that day tuntil this I have known that I was blessed. Together we have two daughters and they are both following Jesus. I wish for them this same blessing.
As I think about beginning a new year I must begin by thanking God for the blessing He gave me in my wife, Becky. Today I will honor and celebrate being blessed.

(P) Prayer
Father, thank you for another year to follow you. Thank you for blessing my life with Becky. Let us live in a way that encourages others to follow your design for marriage and loving each other. Make me ever aware of your blessing in my life. Amen

No comments: