Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life Journal 08-17-2008 Words of Anguish, Joy and Completion

Words of Anguish, Joy and Completion

(S) Scripture

John 19:30 (NIV)
30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said,
"It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

(O) Observation

As Jesus hangs on the cross and death approaches, Jesus declares that He has finished all that the Father sent Him here to do. His sacrifice for all humankind was complete. There remains nothing else that must be done to satisfy God's justice and righteousness. Redemption was now available to all who would believe.

(A) Application

Jesus has done all that needs to be done in order to satisfy God's demands concerning our sin. There is nothing I can do. I simply trust in Christ's death on my behalf and I receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life. This great act of love compels me to live in gratitude and never to take this sacrifice for granted. Way too often I forget what my forgiveness cost. Jesus died for me. I must live for Him without compromise. It is the only response worthy of Him.

(P) Prayer

Lord, I thank you that you loved me enough to die for me. I thank you for satisfying all God's demands on my behalf. Help me to live faithfully for you each and every day. Amen

No comments: