Monday, August 25, 2008

Life Journal 08-25-2008 The Command Never Changes

The Command Never Changes

(S) Scripture
2 John 5-6
5Now I ask you, lady, not as though I were writing to you a new commandment, but the one which we have had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

(O) Observation
John writes to a woman reminds her that the command never changes - she is to love God and the other believers. This is not new but it is how we are to live. We show our love by keeping His commandments.

(A) Application
Love is tough sometimes. People are not always lovable. Sometimes they are mean and just get on my last nerve. Some are satisfied with mediocrity and refuse to do their best. I am to love these people by keeping God's commands. I must show them that love by what I do not just by what I say. I must remember that the command never changes even if I wish it would. Today I will try to love people the way God desires because it is what I am to do as God's child and a follower of Jesus'

(P) Prayer
Lord help me to love people today. Make me aware of my selfishness and forgive me when I fail to remember that the command never changes.

No comments: