Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life Journal 08-26-2008 A Parent's Joy

A Parent's Joy

(S) Scripture
3 John 4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

(O) Observation
As John writes to Gaius he comments on hearing about Gaius' faithfulness and how this gave him great joy. What an encouragement this must have been to both of them.

(A) Application
This is something that I am experiencing this week. I am at the beach with my wife, mother, daughters, son-in-law, and granddaughter. They are each involved in their churches and continue to pursue their relationship with the Lord. I cannot think of anything that could give me greater joy than knowing that they are walking in the truth.

Today I will enjoy the time I have with them as we vacation together. I don't want to miss a minute of this time because you never know when it will happen again.

(P) Prayer
Father, I thank you for my mom and dad and the faith they taught and modeled for me. I thank you for Becky and her faithful walk with you. I thank you for the girls and their faith and for their walks with you. I pray they will experience all you have for them. Hold them close. Let me be a continual example of faith and walking in the truth for them. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro....ouch! I know you're new to this blogging gig, but you may want to be cautious about broadcasting to cyberspace when you're out of town! Charlotte is a safe community, but there are wackos all around! Not to worry....we got your habitat watched because you're one cool pastor dude! Love ya! A smiling friend.

Anonymous said...

As a mother of two grown boys I can only hope that I have instilled faith and love of the Lord in my boys. That I have been a living example to them. God has given me the best job in the world, being a mom. I continue to pray that the Lord guide and direct them as they are out of my hands now, they are in His.