Friday, August 22, 2008

Life Journal 08-22-2008 Seeking God

Seeking God

(S) Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

(O) Observation

In God's message through Jeremiah to the exiles He tells them that they will find Him when they seek Him with all their heart. This is not a casual seeking but one that involves the whole of our being. Anything less and we will not find the One we are looking for.

(A) Application

Half-hearted effort doesn't get it with God. Many times I am less than whole-hearted and it shows in my attitude and spirit. I am compelled to seek after the Lord with all that I am if I want to experience all He has for me. If I am to be the person He has called me to be and wants to empower me to be then I must seek Him with my whole heart. It is my desire to do just that today and every other day.

(P) Prayer

Lord, I want to seek after you with all that I am. Make me aware when I am less than that. Keep me close. Forgive me when I pull away from you. I want to live for you and experience the power of the Holy Spirit in my life every moment of every day. I give myself to you. Use me today and thank you for your love and care and provision. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does this verse relate to the verse, "No one seeks after God"? Should we hope to motivate individuals to seek or should we pray that God will give them the passion to seek, thus suggesting that we really can't seek in the first place and that all seeking, in the end, is due to the undeserved grace of God? I guess this makes me a Calvinist! The old bud! (We are Marshall!)