Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life Journal 08-27-2008 Learning to Live

Learning to live

(S) Scripture
Psalm 143:10-12
10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
11 For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. 12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.

(O) Observation
The psalmist in simple terms asks God for His guidance and protection. He asks God to revive him.

(A) Application
This is a good lesson for me. It is God who teaches His will. I seek it but it is God who teaches. It is the Lord who protects me from trouble and those who seek to harm me. Rather than always looking for God's will today I will ask God to teach me His will and to lead me in doing it. It is not as much me finding God's will as it is living it out by faith in Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.

(P) Prayer
Lord, teach me you will and let me live it out today. Amen

No comments: