Monday, January 12, 2009

Life Journal 01-12-2009

Ready and Alert

(S) Scripture
like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.
It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.
It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night.
Luke 12:36-38 (NIV)

(O) Observation
Jesus is teaching the disciples to always be prepared for His coming. He tell a parable and makes the teaching plain. We are to always be doing what the Master has told us to do even in his absence. Even though we do not know when he will return we are to be doing what he told us to do. When he comes and finds us faithfully serving then he will bless us.

(A) Application
God has called us to serve him. Sometimes we goof off or play around because we think we have all the time in the world to do what He said. I remember someone asking this question, "If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours what would you do differently?" the answer to that question is what we should be doing on a regular basis. Tim McGraw has a song, "Live Like You Were Dying". That's what I need to do. Today I will begin to do the things I have neglected or ignored that the Lord has asked me to do.

(P) Prayer
Lord, forgive me for taking you for granted and for living for myself instead of You. Let me live fully for you today, Amen

No comments: