Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life Journal – 01-20-2009

A Proper Perspective

(S) Scripture
O LORD, our Lord,
       how majestic is your name in all the earth!
       You have set your glory
       above the heavens. Psalm 8:1 (NIV)

(O) Observation
The psalmist opens and closes this psalm with the same phrase. "… How majestic is your name…"

(A) Application
I remember hearing this verse put to music by Michael W. Smith. It is one of his earlier pieces and in my opinion his best. I wish he was writing more songs like that today. Every time I sing it my heart is lifted and I am drawn into God's presence. It is a song that I want to hear in my heart each day. It reminds me that God is in charge and nothing escapes his sight. Nothing comes my way that can change the truth of this verse. The psalmist gives us a good example of beginning and ending with this phrase. Each day of my life should be the same – begun and ended with this verse ringing in my heart.

(P) Prayer
Lord let me sing this song every day. Make it the theme of my heart and life. Amen

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......