Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life Journal – 01-22-2009

The Constant One

(S) Scripture
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
Exodus 3:14 (NIV)

(O) Observation
God is calling Moses to go back to Egypt and lead the Israelites to the Promised Land. God assures Moses of his presence in the name he is to be known by, "I Am".

(A) Application
I believe it was a seminary professor who said that the name in this verse would convey this meaning, "I will Be what I will Be, I Was what I Was, I Am what I Am." God is ever-present and always in the present. He never changes, he is constant. He goes before us and has gone behind us and He is with us. He is!! These are great words of comfort. God is the Constant One and can be trusted. He is reliable and stable and steadfast. I can lean on Him and trust in Him. He never fails. He is with me. I am always in His presence. Today I will enjoy His presence and trust Him to guide my way.

(P) Prayer
O Lord, Thank you for being You. Thank you for your constant presence in my life. Amen

No comments: