Thursday, January 1, 2009

Life Journal 01-01-2009

A New Year Perspective

(S) Scripture
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1 (NIV)

(O) Observation
I don't believe the bible is a scientific textbook. I do believe that the Bible is true. This passage puts god at the center of creation. All that there is was from God and created by him. As I begin a new year it is again with the assurance and knowledge that God is the source and at the center of all creation.

(A) Application
I believe God created all things. I am not an evolutionist. I believe that God created man and woman. I do not believe that we evolved from lower life forms. That said, I do not believe that this passage tells us how God created things, just that He did create. The important part of this passage is that God is at the center of all things. "In the beginning God..." There He is at the start. When nothing else existed God was.

As I begin a new year it is good to know that God is there. He is in control and at the center of all things. he has a plan for my life and in this new year I want to experience that plan. To do so I must trust in Him and allow the Holy Spirit to control my life each day. Yesterday we closed a good year for the Crouches and today we begin a new year with the bright hope of His work in our lives again.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for being in control. When I lose sight of this remind me of your presence. I look forward to this new year and walking with you in the days ahead. Amen

No comments: