Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Life Journal 12-31-2008

A Great Ending

(S) Scripture
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20 (NIV)

(O) Observation
As John concludes the Revelation he affirms that Jesus is coming back and soon. with some excitement John says, "Come Lord Jesus". This is a great ending to the revelation. This gives believers the assurance of God's protection and continual presence. He will come and judgment with him. this is part of our hope as Christians.

(A) Application
Today is the last day of 2008. It has been an eventful year for me and my family. Becky and I celebrated our 30th anniversary (yes she is the saint). We were able to travel some and have a vacation with the whole family, Bethany, Sarah and her family and my mom all at Myrtle Beach. Our youngest daughter moved to Charleston, WV to take a position with an orthopedic surgeon. She loves her work and is settling into a good church. Our oldest moved into a new home and after nearly 11 months of being unemployed went back to work. They have just begun the adoption process for our "granddaughter". We look forward to the day the adoption is final. It has been a good and sometimes trying year for us. We are all together again to usher in a new year. For me there is no better ending to a year than to be with my family, wife, daughters, son-in-law, granddaughter, and my mom.

This year will end on a high note much like John ended the Revelation. I can only agree that my life and hope is found in Jesus and the assurance of his return. With John in exclamation I can say, "Amen, Come Lord Jesus.

(P) Prayer
For another year I thank you. For the gift of family, I thank you. Fro the knowledge that as a family we all are believers I thank you. Lord, I pray that we will live in the center of your will in the year to come and if you choose to come back then I pray you will find us living faithfully for you. Amen

No comments: