Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Life Journal 12-24-2008

From The Manger To The Cross

(S) Scripture
So he then delivered Him to them to be crucified.
John 19:16 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
Jesus is brought before Pilate for trial and execution. Despite Pilate's efforts to release Jesus he gives in to the Jews and gives Jesus to them to be crucified.

(A) Application
It is so fitting that this be the reading for today. We read about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection on the eve of the day we celebrate his birth. There is a chorus that says, "From the Manger to the Cross" that reminds us of why Jesus came. Today I will remember the real meaning of Christmas that is found in the shadow of the cross that is behind the serenity of that first silent night.

(P) Prayer
Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to die for my sins and to provide a way for me to be in a right relationship with you. Help me to remember that today. Amen

No comments: