Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Life Journal 12-22-2008

Lifting Up Christ At Christmas

(S) Scripture
"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."
John 12:32 (NASB77)

(O) Observation
Jesus is speaking of how he is going to die and the disciples do not understand. It reminds me of when Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness and those who would look on the serpent would be saved. Now we are to look on Jesus who is being lifted up and through faith in Him we are saved.

(A) Application
Sometimes I forget that I am to simply lift up Jesus and let Him draw people to himself. Too often I think that I must do the drawing or convincing or convicting but that is His job, not mine. I am to lift Him up. We talk a lot at Christmas about Jesus being "God's Gift" to the world and He is. My responsibility is to let people know that the gift is for them and then let Him draw them into opening the gift for themselves. If I could force them or open it for others I would but I can't. They must do that themselves. Today I will lift up Jesus by letting others know that He is the Savior that was born and that He is for everyone.

(P) Prayer
Lord help me to be that witness today. Let me simply tell the story and lift up Jesus so that He can do His work in others. Amen

No comments: