Saturday, December 27, 2008

Life Journal 12-25-2008

The Right Path

(S) Scripture

How sweet are Thy words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! From Thy precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. Psalm 119:103-104 (NASB)


(O) Observation

In this great psalm the psalmist speaks about the value of God's Word. In these verses he simply says that the Words are sweet and he leans what God wants from them. they also help the psalmist to recognize a wrong path.



(A) Application

Too often I find it hard to read my Bible. My excuses are that it seems hard to understand and in some ways out of date but then when I read it I find it relevant and personally challenging. It teaches me and guides me and shows me the right path. today is Chrismas and it is a good day to again acknowledge my faith in the Savior and renew my commitment to Hins Word and its work in my life.



(P) Prayer

Lord renew my excitement for your word and let me follow th epath that you set. Help me to recognize the wrong path as readily as the right path. Amen

No comments: