Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life Journal 12-30-2008

A True Response

(S) Scripture
And I heard the altar respond: "Yes Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments." Revelation 16:7

(O) Observation
As the angels deliver the wrath from the seven bowls they hear this declaration coming from the altar. It is an acknowledgment from the one sending the bowls of wrath that He is Just and True in His judgments. The earth is not receiving anything that is not deserved. This is a time of judgment.

(A) Application
I am reminded that God's judgments are always just and true - never arbitrary or unwaranted. I know that what God does is always right. I want to experience His grace and mercy rather than His judgment. Today I will trust Him. I will seek to follow Him and do what He asks. I want to be a faithful witness to His work in my life.

(P) Prayer
Today Lord I need your strength. I need your grace and protection as we face a difficult situation. Let us sense your presence and peace today. Amen

No comments: