Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life Journal - 06-03-2008 - Sarcasm

Sarcasm
(S) Proverbs 26:18-19 (NIV) Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows 19 is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, "I was only joking!"

(O) Sarcasm, teasing and deceit really harm our friends. The thins we say do harm people. We all know the old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me", just isn't true. Words do hurt and harm even when said in jest.

(A) We joke around and think we are being funny but the truth is that behind every tease or sarcastic remark is a note of truth. Those words hurt and harm our friends and we tend to tease those we are closest to. We are called to build up and encourage not to tear down and destroy. (what if political campaign practiced this) I must watch my conversations and be sure they are building people up. There is no place where I should use sarcasm or deceit in personal relationships.

(P) Lord, help me control my tongue. Help me to make my speech words that build up and encourage rather than to tear down and destroy. Help me to believe the best in people and not the worst. Amen

1 comment:

Princess said...

I love the blog! We really did have a wonderful "bringin' up", didn't we? I'm going to use your blog for my daily devotions, so don't mess up! :) I don't tell you enough how glad I am to be your sister! Love to all!
Jane