Monday, June 9, 2008

Life Journal 06-09-2008 It Really is That Simple

It Really Is That Simple

(S) Scripture
Ecclesiastes 12:13 (NIV) 13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole [duty] of man.

(O) Observation
The "Teacher" is giving simple instructions that everyone can understand. This is as simple and yet as profound as it gets. In this one sentence he gives us the "whole duty of man." "Fear God and keep his commandments." It is a simple and direct statement that no on can misunderstand.

(A) Application
The Christian life is not a s complicated as I want to make it. It is not difficult to understand, just difficult to do. My whole responsibility is to "Fear God and keep his commandments."

Too often I try to excuse myself by claiming that I didn't understand or that circumstances dictated that I do this or that. We all know that excuses are just that, excuses. The Bible says, "Fear God and keep his commandments." What part of that do I not understand? Today I will drop the excuses and give myself to do whatever God commands.

(P) Prayer
Help me, Lord, I want to do what you say but too often I get in the way. Today I want to do what you say and be used by you. Let me do your will today. Amen

No comments: