Friday, June 6, 2008

Life Journal - 06-06-2008 - My Foundation

My Foundation

(S) Scripture
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Ephesians 2:19-20 (NIV)

(O) Observation
We are built on the foundation of those faithful servants who have gone before us. This foundation has its origin in the prophets and apostles and Jesus is its anchoring point. In addition to these we also benefit from all those have gone before us. We are in their debt.

(A) Application
Today if the 64th anniversary of D-Day - the invasion at Normandy. Thousands lost their lives that day defending our freedom. We must never forget their sacrifice or the fact that we are free today because the fought like many did before them and like many have done since then. We live free because of the foundation they laid.

Spiritually we are free and we understand that freedom because of those who laid the foundation before us. There are many who I need to remember because of their contribution to the foundation of my life and ministry. I am who I am today because of the foundation they provided. I must never forget but rather continue to build on that foundation,

(P) Prayer
Lord, Thank You for those who have given so much to me, those who laid a foundation of faith in my life. Let me live in such a way as to leave a firm foundation for others. Amen

No comments: