Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life Journal - 06-05-2008 To Know Jesus Better

To Know Jesus Better

(S) Scripture
Ephesians 1:17 (NIV) 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

(O) Observation
All we can know of Jesus is given to us by the Father. The NIV uses a capital "S" on Spirit indicating the Holy Spirit. It is interesting that in this verse all three persons of the Trinity are mentioned. It is the Holy Spirit that guides us into truth and helps us to know Jesus better. It is the Holy Spirit who works in us to make us like Jesus.

(A) Application
To know Jesus better I must be led by the Holy Spirit. That is difficult at times because it it a control issue. I want to be in control of my life and we both cannot be in control at the same time. I must give control of my life to the Holy Spirit if I want to know Jesus better and to become like Him.

(P) Prayer
Today I choose to give control of my life to the Holy Spirit. I trust that He will lead and guide me to be who God wants me to be, to do what God wants me to do and to know Jesus better. Thank you for loving me so much that you provide a way for me to live the way you want me to live. Amen

No comments: