Friday, June 20, 2008

Life Journal 06-20-2008 God's Unexpected Ways

God's Unexpected Ways

(S) Scripture
2 Kings 5:11-12 (NIV) 11 But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy. 12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than any of the waters of Israel? Couldn't I wash in them and be cleansed?" So he turned and went off in a rage.

(O) Observation
Naaman expected Elisa to act as he wanted and expected God to heal him the way he thought he should be healed. He wanted to be healed but was angry when God did not do it the way he expected. Healing did come but only when Naaman was obedient to what the prophet had said.

(A) Application
God does not always act in the way I expect. It is frustration to expect one thing and be told another. I may not go off in a rage like Naaman but I hesitate and argue or complain and try to convince God to do it my way. Today I will listen and obey without complaining because I know that healing comes from being obedient.

(P) Prayer
Lord, today I will shut up and listen and obey without complaining. Forgive me for my stubbornness and thinking that I know better than you what needs to be done or what will lead to healing. Thank you for loving me enough to put up with me. AMEN

No comments: