Saturday, June 14, 2008

Life Journal 06-14-2008 I Can Do Anything

I Can Do Anything

(S) Scripture
Philippians 4:13 (NIV) 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

(O) Observation
Paul has just been talking about being content in whatever circumstances he finds himself, whether in want or in plenty. He follows that with this statement "I can do everything..." I can withstand any circumstance and be content. I can always be who God wants me to be.

(A) Application
This verse is often taken out of context, to mean "I can do anything I put my mind and heart to do." I certainly can do anything God calls me to do but this verse is directly addressing your life situation and pleasing God in it. Being content in whatever circumstance you find yourself.

Today I will thank God for my circumstances and seek to be content in them whether in want or in plenty.

(P) Prayer
Lord teach me to trust you in all of life's circumstances, not just in want but also in plenty. Teach me to trust you for all I need. Let me be content. Amen

No comments: