Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life Journal 06-18-2008 Is Kenya an Open Door?

Is Kenya an Open Door

(S) Scripture
Colossians 4:3 (NIV) 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.

(O) Observation
Paul desires to preach in a new location and asks the Colossian Christians to pray that God would open a door for him.

(A) Application
I have been invited to lead a conference for about 100 pastors and their wives in Kakamega, Kenya, in September. The invitation came from Bishop Nicholas Oulmasai of the Kenya Outreach Tidings Church. He found me through our church website. I have attempted to check out the legitimacy of this church and invitation and so far it seems OK. Since you are reading this blog let me ask you to pray for guidance and clear understanding that it is God who has opened this door and not the enemy. It is an opportunity to proclaim the mystery of Christ in a foreign land. I can only go if God opens the door and provides the funding. This is so bizarre and I need to have confidence that it is from God. I ask again that you pray for me.

(P) Prayer
Lord grant that I might clearly understand your will. I only want to walk through doors that you open. Thank you for all those who are praying. AMEN

No comments: