Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life Journal 06-10-2008 What's a Father To Do?

What's A Father To Do?

(S) Scripture
Ephesians 6:4 (NIV) Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

(O) Observation
Paul gives some simple but profound instruction to fathers about their responsibilities. Fathers are to instruct and train their children in the Lord and not provoke or exasperate them intentionally.
Fathers have an important role to play in the raising of children.

(A) Application
I thank God for the example my father gave me - an example that I could follow with my daughters. Even today I must continue to instruct and train even though they no longer live at home. I am not to intrude in their lives but I am still their father and have a responsibility to fulfill with them and their families. I want to give them an example to follow.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I will need your help to continue to set an example for my girls. I cannot do it on my own. I thank you for them and their faith in You. Thank You for giving them to me and allowing me to be their Dad. Amen

No comments: