Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life Journal 06-26-2008 Forfeiting Grace

Forfeiting Grace

(S) Scripture
Jonah 2:8 (NIV) 8 "Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.


(O) Observation
No idol has the power to save and yet many put their trust in them. Idols are not just other gods but also things we worship or put in the place of God.

People have put their trust in power and position and wealth - others believe in the power of crystals and such and in so doing they forfeit the grace that could be theirs because they are not trusting in God.

(A) Application
If I want to experience God's grace then I must be constantly sure my trust is in God and not in other things. I cannot trust in my abilities or personality or money or position. These are all empty. I cannot trust in other people either. I must trust in God alone. It is easy to get distracted and turn my trust to other things. I must keep careful watch i this area if I want my life to glorify God.

(P) Prayer
Lord, I confess that I take my eyes off you and put them on other things. Forgive me, my desire is t trust you and to live in your grace. Let me experience you today. Amen

No comments: