Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life Journal 06-21-2008 If God Is For You

If God Is For You

(S) Scripture
2 Kings 6:16 (NIV) 16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

(O) Observation
Elisha is surrounded by the army of the Aramean king. The king wants Elisha captured because he is telling the Israelites the king of Aram's every move before he makes them. As Elisha's servant looks at the opposition he is afraid and reports the situation to Elisha. Elisha knows that he and the Lord make a majority and he has nothing to fear - The Lord will deliver him.

(A) Application
Too often I am like Elisha's servant looking only at the opposition and forgetting that The Lord and I make a majority. " ... because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (1 John 4:4 NIV) When I am doing what God wants me to do, I need not be afraid when opposition comes because "those who are with us are more than those with them." As Long as I trust God I need not fear any circumstance. I must simply keep moving forward doing what God commands.

(P) Prayer
Lord, thank you for going before me and protecting me wherever I go doing your will. Let me always do what you command. Amen

No comments: