Thursday, June 19, 2008

Life Journal 06-19-2008 A Timely Reminder

A Timely Reminder

(S) Scripture
1 Timothy 1:12 (NIV) I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.

(O) Observation
Paul was remembering his call and appointment to ministry and it caused him to be thankful.

(A) Application
It is good to be reminded of my call and Who issued it. To be confident that it is the Lord who called and appointed me to this service. When I am discouraged or tired or wondering about the future it is good to be reminded of Who I serve and Who called me.

As I think about the opportunity to teach and preach in Kenya, it is good to be reminded that it is the Lord who calls and appoints and if this is from Him I must go.

Today I will celebrate my call and appointment to serve Jesus by preaching and teaching the Good News wherever He leads.

(P) Prayer
Thank you Father for seeing in me gifts that you could use and for calling and appointing me to serve you in a pastoral ministry. If I can be used in other places I ask that you make your call plain so I can understand and follow it. AMEN

No comments: