Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Life Journal 06-17-2008 The Word in You

The Word In You

(S) Scripture
Colossians 3:16 (NIV) 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.


(O) Observation
When Christ's word dwells richly in our hearts there is honest worship and growth in our walk with God. We will give wise counsel to our brothers and sisters because of this Word. It is our decision, though, to "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly..."

(A) Application
This command does not happen in our lives automatically. It is a conscious decision we must make. We must decide to "Let the word of Christ dwell in us richly." This means that I must first know the Word (Jesus - John 1:1) and know His words and have them "hidden in my heart" (Psalm 119:11) and have them as a "lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105). When that is happening then I will give wise counsel to the people around me and my life will be blessed with true worship.
This make my devotional time and the Life Journal so important in my life.

(P) Prayer
Lord I give your word reign in my life. Let it do its work in me and let me worship and grow in my relationship with you. Let me give wise counsel to my brothers and sisters so they too can follow you. AMEN

No comments: